Do you need an additional activity or coloring page for your Primary lesson or for Family Home Evening?

Check out my Resources from the Friend page! Find your topic, then click on the links listed below each topic until you find something that you like. -I will try to add to this list reguarly as new issues of the Friend arrive.

September 13, 2011

Ideas for Quiet Books during church

I had a reader ask for suggestions on a quiet book for her toddler during church, so I thought I would put a few ideas on here.
You can always make books out of the stories that have been in the friend - cut them out, laminate them, and then clip together. A few examples are:

The Story of Jesus Christ
I Can Be Reverent
The New Testament
Jesus Christ Loves Everyone (scroll down a few pages to find this one)
I Love To See The Temple


My Book of Prophets
Joseph Smith - John Taylor
Wilford Woodruff - Heber J. Grant
George Albert Smith - Harold B. Lee
Spencer W. Kimball - Gordon B. Hinckley
Would need to find a similar picture of Thomas S. Monson

Sugardoodle.net has some ideas for quiet books -
I really liked the Gospel ABC book and think I might print that one out for my 2 year old.
Or the Dry Erase Quiet Book is a great idea - (I will have to look for some of the dry erase crayons she mentions because I have used the dry erase markers in the past, and they seem to get all over the kids!!) --The May 2011 Issue of the Friend had a special Fun Stuf section with 25 pages of mazes, puzzles, and more! (These pages are located near the bottom of the page - starting with Scripture Color by-number)

For those of you who can/like to sew, there are several links on there for making your own felt quiet book.

I have also found that sticker books (put the stickers on the correct places in the book) will keep my 4 year old and almost 2 year old "entertained".  You can purchase them at Wal-mart for $1.00 a book, and they are located with all of the coloring books.

Please feel free to leave a comment for any other suggestions.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails