So since this blog is for ideas for and about anything, I thought I would do a post on couponing, which has become one of my latest "hobbies" (not sure that is what you would call it), but it is something that I spend time doing and I enjoy seeing the savings from the time spent couponing. Although, I am not as "faithful" about couponing as a lot of people out there are, but I do try to take advantage of the sales and use coupons with the sales.
It is nice to take advantage of the sales to stock up on items, mostly personal care items and cleaning items, etc., and it is great to see how much you save. Like on Tuesday, I went to Walgreens and made several purchases. I had to do several different transactions in order to receive my Register Rewards for the items. So, this is what I did yesterday (and it was the first time I have ever had so many different transactions):
1st - Glade Lasting Impressions Plug-In- 6.99 (had coupon for one free Lasting Impressions = 6.99)
Jergens Lotion 5.99
Total OOP (with taxes)= 6.89
Received $2 RR, $5RR
2nd - Glade Sense and Spray Air Freshners- 6.99 (used coupon for 4.00 off) = 2.99
Total OOP = 3.47
Received $2RR
3rd - Glade Sense and Spray - 6.99 (used another coupon for 4.00 off) = 2.99
Colgate Toothpaste 2.99
Total OOP = 6.67
Received $2 RR, $3 RR
4th - Huggies Wipes, 64 ct - 2.79 (used $2 off Walgreens coupon from their special Back to School coupon booklet and .50 coupon) = .29
Huggies Wipes - 2.79 ($2 off Walgreens coupon and .75 coupon) = .04
Inkjet Refill - 9.99 (used $5 RR) = 4.99
Walgreens AA batteries - 9.99 (used $2RR) = 7.99
Walgreens AAA batteries - Free (they were on sale for Buy One, Get One Free)
Computer Paper - 3.99 (used $3RR) = .99
Plastic Tumblers - 2.50 (used $2RR) = .50
8 ct. Papermate Pens .50 (used $2 RR) = Free plus add. $1.50 off
Total OOP = 15.55
Then I decided to go back later after my doctor's appointment when I just happened upon a coupon in a magazine for the Lasting Impressions.
1st - Glade Lasting Impressions - 6.99 (used $3 off coupon) = 3.99
Total OOP = 4.47
Received $2RR
2nd - (4) Huggies Wipes Containers - 2.79 each (used Walgreens $2 coupon for each one) = .79 each = $3.16 (then used $2 RR) = 1.16
Total OOP = 1.93
So my overall Total for all the transactions was $38.98, with a savings of $77.22. I think that's pretty good considering I was able to stock up on tons of wipes for when the baby comes in November, and getting 6 containers for basically just over $2 total was great!!! Plus, I was able to stock up on the Glade Lasting Impressions and Sense and Spray, which are nice to have in the bathrooms.
I was keeping track of my "big saving" purchases (like Tuesdays) when I first started, but then got behind and haven't kept track since around March. My biggest savings on the list that I have and probably the biggest yet to date was from Walgreens, where the total cost before coupons was $108.77 but then saved $91.72 in manufacture coupons, store coupons and sales, which brought my out of pocket price to $17.05. I honestly can't remember all that I got in that purchase, but I think that is when I took advantage of the sale they were having on their Granier Fructis products (when they had the Easy Saver Catalog and had I think it was a $2 off coupon, plus I had coupons too). Plus I believe this is when I stocked up on razors, and also when I first got several of the Glade Sense and Spray. Like I said this was my biggest savings purchase with a savings of 84%. I usually save anywhere between 35 and 50 (sometimes higher) percent by using coupons and shopping the stores sales, with the bigger savings being at Walgreens instead of grocery stores, like Safeway or City Market.
Farewell
2 months ago








No comments:
Post a Comment