Do you need an additional activity or coloring page for your Primary lesson or for Family Home Evening?

Check out my Resources from the Friend page! Find your topic, then click on the links listed below each topic until you find something that you like. -I will try to add to this list reguarly as new issues of the Friend arrive.

September 28, 2010

Hearty Hamburger Soup

It was really cold and rainy here all day last Wednesday, so I thought I would try out a recipe from my Best of Country Soups cookbook that I got a few months ago.

There were lots of good recipes that I am looking forward to trying this winter.  But I decided on the following recipe:

Hearty Hamburger Soup

1 pound hamburger
4 cups water
1 can diced tomatoes- undrained
3 med. carrots, sliced
2 med. potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 med. onion, chopped (I used Tones dried chopped onions)
1 1/2 cups chopped celery
4 beef bouillon cubes
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1 cup frozen or fresh green beans (I used a pint of canned green beans)

In large saucepan, cook beef over med. heat until no longer pink; drain.  Add next 10 ingredients, bring to boil. Reduce heart; cover and simmer for 15 min. or until potatoes and carrots are tender. Add beans. Cover and simmer 15 min. longer or until beans are tender. (I just added my pint of beans, when the other vegetables were almost cooked. That gave time for the beans to warm through)

Final Result:  VERY TASTY!!! Will definitely have this again during our cold winter!!

**I actually doubled all of the ingredients (except for the hamburger) and it gave us enough for dinner and leftovers for lunch the next day.**

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails