Do you need an additional activity or coloring page for your Primary lesson or for Family Home Evening?

Check out my Resources from the Friend page! Find your topic, then click on the links listed below each topic until you find something that you like. -I will try to add to this list reguarly as new issues of the Friend arrive.

July 19, 2010

My New Calling

So I was just put in as our Ward's Activities Chairperson. I am excited, but also a little nervous, about this one.  There are a lot of great ideas out there, but just not sure which ones to plan for our ward. Then, just nervous about planning something and then it not going well (not a good turnout, people not enjoying it, etc.)--Anyway, we have a ward camp out coming up on the 6th and 7th of August, so I have a few weeks to get a few activities together for that.  --Then I will need to start planning for our Halloween party.  We will be doing a Trunk-or-Treat, but also want to have some games - I am leaning toward relay type races. We have always had "carnival type games" (fish pond, bean bag toss, etc.) but would like to do something a little different.  So if you have any suggestions on some fun games or ideas for a Halloween party, PLEASE share them!!!! Also, I am wanting to start gathering some ideas for a Christmas party too, so share those too!!

2 comments:

MRNMSA said...

I remember one year for our trunk or treat, we did a chili cookoff. It was great! Everyone brought their chili in crockpots. That way parents didn't have to worry about doing dinner, but could concentrate on the kids costumes. We also brought pies for the adults dessert, and cornbread to go with the chili. Afterwards the kids costumes were judged, and the cars were also judged (most scary, fun, original, and so on). Then the kids got to go out and do the trunk or treating.
This was a few years back in Georgetown Kentucky. Great memories! Hope this helps get your juices flowing! Thanks for the ideas on your blog!

MRNMSA said...

Christmas-You could have Santa come in and read the scripture story of Jesus. Brings the focus back on Jesus, but through Santa.

Related Posts with Thumbnails