Do you need an additional activity or coloring page for your Primary lesson or for Family Home Evening?

Check out my Resources from the Friend page! Find your topic, then click on the links listed below each topic until you find something that you like. -I will try to add to this list reguarly as new issues of the Friend arrive.

April 30, 2010

Sharing Time Lesson for May: Principles and Ordinances of the Gospel Lead Me to Jesus Christ

I had been thinking about (and searching ideas for) my sharing time for the last couple of days. I found a really great idea here that I had thought about doing that goes with the theme for week 1 and Sugardoodle had a few ideas here. But then, I wondered what the Friend has for the month. It always has really cute ideas too. However, my Friend hasn't yet arrived, so I got the PDF format here at lds.org. Just click on the May Friend, and then the sharing time idea is on page 42 and 43. It is based on the theme for the month, which is basically the 4th Article of Faith. --My plans are to take a quilt to show the children and discuss what the Friend says about a quilt. Then what I did with the quilt on page 43 is I printed it out, then I cut it into pieces (8 total - the four sides, then each square with the principle listed and place to draw a picture), then using my printer, copied each individual piece at a 150 percent size. So, then I will take these quilt pieces and hide them in the room and the kids will find the pieces and piece the quilt together. Then after putting it together, I will give each child a copy of page 43, and we will discuss each principle and they will draw picture in each of the corresponding quilt squares.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails