Ideas for this sharing time taken from:
http://littleldsideas.blogspot.com/2010/02/4th-week-sharing-time-ideas-for.html
various places on Sugardoodle and lds.org
JUNIOR PRIMARY:
For this sharing time you will need:
-GAK Pictures:
227: Jesus Praying in Gethsemane
230: The Crucifixion
232: Jesus’ Tomb
233: Mary and the Resurrected Lord
234: Jesus Shows His Wounds
236: The Ascension of Jesus
-Print out a picture of the Resurrected Lord (GAK 233), and cut into puzzle pieces (You will only need 6 pieces.) (After you cut the puzzle, outline each piece on a piece of paper, so it’s easier for them to know where the piece goes.) Write one of the following on the back of each of the pieces Jesus was resurrected and I will be too **Hide the puzzle pieces in the room for the children to find. Ask them if they know what is happening in the picture. Put the puzzle together, then tell the kids if we flip the puzzle over, there is a special message on the back about what we will learn today. Then talk a little bit about the resurrection.
Using a jacket, teach the children about resurrection.
Show the jacket to the children and tell them the jacket represents our body, which can’t move because it has no “spirit” inside. Explain that before we came to earth we were spirits. We could move, think, choose, and learn. When we came to earth we each received a body (put on jacket). We can still move, think, choose, and learn, but now we have wonderful bodies to take care of. When we die, the body and the spirit separate (take off the jacket). The body can no longer move, but our spirit still lives. When we are resurrected, our body and our spirit are together again (put on jacket), and the body and the spirit will never be separated again. Jesus was the first one to be resurrected. Because He was resurrected, all people who have ever lived will be resurrected. There are many witnesses who saw Jesus after He was resurrected.
**Have the children color a picture of the resurrected Savior.**
or I decided to use this idea, but change it some. I traced the pattern and wrote You Are Eternal on it, then I will make copies of it onto colored paper. Each child will need two of these, so they can glue them together. Then I made another slightly smaller pattern (because when made the same size the white paper would not fit in) on white paper, was able to get two of each of these on one page. They will also draw a picture of themselves on the colored paper. --Then, they can take the puppet home and share with their families that **The white puppet represents the spirit, which lived in the pre-earth life with Heavenly Father. To represent the spirit receiving a mortal body at birth, slip the colored puppet over the spirit puppet. At death the body and spirit are separated again. Remove the colored puppet from the spirit puppet. The body is buried, but the spirit lives on. At the Resurrection the body and spirit will be joined again forever.
________________________________________________________________________________
SENIOR PRIMARY:
-Type or write these scripture references on pieces of paper: (without the GAK reference):
Acts 1:9–11(GAK 236); Matthew 23:36-46(GAK227); John 19:38-42 (GAK 232); Luke 24:36-40(GAK 234); John 20:11-17(GAK 233); Luke 23:33-46(GAK230)
Before Primary tape one word-strip/puzzle piece to each picture. Then post the pictures around the room. On a chalkboard write six blank spaces.
“_____ _____ ____, ____ ____ ____.” This is where they will post their word-strips.
Tell the Children that you have a list of scriptures they will be reading. Split the primary into 6 groups and give each group a scripture. Have each group read their scripture . Then call each group one at a time to go and find the picture that goes with their scripture. Ask them what the picture is. Then discuss it a little. Have them take the word-strip off and try to figure out where it goes. (You may have to wait until a few have their word-strips.)
After they have matched all the pictures and guessed the phrase “Jesus was Resurrected, and I will be too” talk to them about the Resurrection.
**Make sure they understand what it means to be resurrected. If some do not understand, share with them the example of the jacket shared with Jr. Primary.**
If time allows play the **Who Am I Game-
o I am the first person Jesus appeared to after his resurrection. Who am I? (Mary Magdalene. John 20:1, 16.)
o Jesus appeared to us, and we touched his feet. Who are we? (Other women. Matthew 28:5, 9.)
o I was the first Apostle to enter the empty tomb. Who am I? (Peter. John 20:6.)
o I am an Apostle who ran with Peter to the empty tomb. When I saw, I believed that Jesus had been resurrected. Who am I? (John. John 20:8.)
o My friend and I walked with Jesus all the way to Emmaus, yet I didn’t recognize him. Who am I? (Cleopas. Luke 24:18.)
o Jesus appeared to us while we were meeting together in a room with the doors closed. Who are we? (Disciples. John 20:19.)
o I was not with the other Apostles when Jesus first appeared to them. I did not believe that Jesus had risen from the dead until I saw him with my own eyes and felt the prints of the nails in his hands and feet. Who am I? (Thomas. John 20:24.)
o We were present when the angels rolled the stone from the door. The chief priests bribed us to lie about what we saw. Who are we? (Roman soldiers. Matthew 28:12.)
Farewell
3 months ago








No comments:
Post a Comment