Do you need an additional activity or coloring page for your Primary lesson or for Family Home Evening?

Check out my Resources from the Friend page! Find your topic, then click on the links listed below each topic until you find something that you like. -I will try to add to this list reguarly as new issues of the Friend arrive.

August 10, 2009

The Creation: Sharing Time or Talk

I had to do a class sharing time years ago when I was a teacher in the Primary, and I did it on the Creation. I found clipart of each number (1-7) then for each number I found more clipart to represent what was created on that day and glued onto the numbers. For example:

1 - colored top half black/bottom half left white
2 - clipart of clouds
3 - clipart of flowers and trees
4 - clipart of sun, moon, and stars
5 - clipart of birds and fish
6 - clipart of various animals (girafee, bear, sheep, elephant, etc.)
7 - clipart of things we should do on the Sabbath (girl praying, scriptures, church building, etc.)

Then for the sharing time I showed each number and discussed in detail each day. I saved this sharing time after doing it, and was able to use it last year for my son's first talk in Primary. He was able to hold up each number then say the following:

Under Heavenly Father's direction, Jesus Christ created our world and everything in it. In the beginning the earth was without form and it was dark.
On Day One, Jesus divided the light from the darkness, calling the light day and the darkness -night.
On Day Two, Jesus divided the water so some was on the Earth and some was in the heavens.
On Day Three, Jesus made dry land and divided the water and the dry land, forming seas, rivers, and lakes. He made the grass, trees, and plants to grow.
On Day Four, Jesus made the sun to light the day, and the moon and stars to light the night.
On Day Five, Jesus created fish and put them in the waters. He also created the birds.
On Day Six, Jesus created animals, insects, and other creeping things. Then, Heavenly Father and Jesus created the greatest creation of all - mankind!!
On Day Seven, Jesus rested for a time. Day Seven is our Sabbath Day, a day of rest.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails